Monday, July 20, 2009

I am ashamed.

I am so ashamed that I have not been updating more to this blog. When I started this blog I really wanted to do a post atleast twice a week and I have a failed miserably. I got an email from a new follower the other day and I was so excited that there is someone who has found this blog so it made me want to post.

I just wanted to make anyone who is currently taking Lyrica for their fibro about a new discount card that your doctor can give you to get a huge discount on your perscription. I know that Lyrica can be up to 400.00 dollars ( In my opinion it is so worth it) but that is a lot of money. So if you don't have insurance, or are not getting the medication for free from the manufacturer be sure to ask your doctor about the discount card that they now have for Lyrica.

Just to give an update on everything. My fibro has been okay as long as I take my Lyrica like I am suppose to. I worked a Graveyard shift for work one day last week and when I got home in the morning I went right to bed and forgot to take my Lyrica. I woke up feeling terrible becuase of it!! I can not say enough great things about this medication, my way of life has been totally different since I have been put on that medicine. If you have fibro and are not on it... ask your doctor about it right away!

Just to give an update on how I am doing with everything besides the Fibromyalgia.. if your just tuning in to my blog for the past few months I have experienced Renal Failure, Kidney failure, having to go pee threw a cathader everytime becuase my bladder does not work. I was suppose to have surgery in June to have a stent placed around the nerves in my bladder and kidneys to keep them functioning correctly and 2 days before the surgery my good for nothing insurance company called and said " Sorry we are not approving this surgery call back in 12 months and we will put it up for review then." So I never had the surgery ( hence the peeing threw a cathader everyday still) so I am in frustrating process of appealing their decision, and hoping each day that my body does not go into renal failure again until I can get this stent put in.

So thats were I am. I am frustrated, irritated, and emotionally and physically drained. Everytime I think about the phone call that I got on Friday night when my surgery was schedualed for that Monday from my insurance company saying those words NOT APPROVED my stomach churns and I just cry.

So.... until then if anyone has 40,000 dollars they could loan me... well not so much loan me as give me becuase I will never have that money to give back ... if they could give that to me for my surgery just in case it never gets approved... that would be appreciated. Thanks. =)

2 comments:

  1. You shouldn't be ashamed, you're going through a lot! I hope something works out for you bladder, I will be sending good thoughts your way. Thanks for the info on Lyrica, I just started taking it last week and I almost had a heart attack when I saw my co-pay for it, so the info is much appreciated!

    Keep well,
    Jenn
    fibrologie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You just made my day =)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete