Monday, March 16, 2009

Connection To Care


In November or 08 I had applied for a company called Connection to Care. It works with the pharmaceutical company called PFIZER. As I had mentioned in my previous post about LYRICA it is $400.00 a month. Not gonna happen for me. So my doctor had given me all the information to apply for this. I had to fill out the application, get my doctor to sign it, get a prescription from my doctor for the medicine and also include tax return information and check stubs. I got a letter back from them about a month ago saying that they had to have this years tax information. Bummer. So I went through the entire process again. Application, doctor, stubs, everything. Then about 3 weeks later... I got home on Friday after work and I had a mysterious package on our kitchen table... It had my name on it and I could tell that it was a bottle of pills.. I didn't remember buying any illegal pills online.. I'm pretty sure I would remember doing that. I opened it and it was a bottle of LYRICA.. I ran to the mail box to see if they had sent me a letter of approval.. ( I was pretty sure they had to approve me they wouldn't send me a bottle of pills to say sorry your denied but have some drugs!) I got my letter that said I was APPROVED!! I have never had that word said to me or written to me in my entire life! Yay! I have been approved for a year and they will send me a new bottle of 200 pills every month and when I need a refill my doctor or myself will just call them up and they will mail it to me! AWESOME!!... I am so happy!! No more hoping that my doctor has samples to give to me and no more feeling like crap if they don't! YaY! After a year I will need to apply again but I am not even thinking about that now I am just so glad I have it for a year! I can not thank my doctor enough for telling me about this and helping me get on it! I called him when I read the letter to tell him! I just wanted to share my excitement about being APPROVED!!!... Ooh I love that word =)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! That was a good day all around because I got approved for Medical too. YAY FOR FREE HEALTH INSURANCE!!
    So this is what you need to do now Holli to get full coverage...
    Get pregnant...
    And then move here..
    And not have a job.
    Instant approval :D

    ReplyDelete